Monday, October 05, 2009

Video Monday

For today's post, I thought I'd take a page from Fuse #8's Video Sunday and recommend some videos for your entertainment. The first is an absolutely joyful student-made one-camera video to the Black Eyed Peas "I Gotta Feeling":




The second is the first of three pitch videos for Sesame Street, made back in 1968. I love how Kermit is such a hippie. Groovy!



(Thanks to Gothamist for the link, you can see links to the other parts here.)

The last two videos are from me.

Two weekends ago I went on a long bike ride around Manhattan, and randomly came upon what appeared to be a unicycle meet-up of some sort. What was great is that the riders all seemed to be teens:




And finally, some of you know that I rode the MS Ride yesterday. I did this ride in 2005 and loved going through the Lincoln Tunnel. Yesterday I went through the tunnel again and took this video. Warning: I wasn't very good about keeping the camera steady, so for those of you who get motion sickness (Grace), you may not want to watch:



Have a great week, all!

4 comments:

Brian Beckenbaugh said...

Awesome! I like the final shot. Really captures the thrill of tunnel riding.

Natalie said...

I first interpreted "MS Ride" as "Manuscript Ride", and thought--how does one read MSS while riding a bike?? Oy.

The actual event looks much more fun (and safe!) than my original interpretation. :-)

Colleen said...

Love that you got a Canadian one in here... University of Quebec at Montreal!

Rita said...

It's so joyful when people play together--the more people, the more organized, the more in sync, the more joy! Thanks for sharing that video!!

And that last shot in the tunnel, where the camera turns on you, is hilarious. :D