Saturday, August 26, 2006

In 12 hours...

I'll be in the home stretch of the NYC half marathon (I hope)!

It's just past 9:00 pm and I'm getting ready for bed, hoping to get in over 7 hours of sleep before the race. I feel rested, but otherwise unprepared, so I'm curious to see how I'll do. I haven't run in almost 2 weeks, and I still have a bit of a cough from the bronchitis, but I think I'm healthy enough. I've been feeling butterflies all day--nervous like I feel before presenting a book at our acquisition meeting, or how I used to feel before a test, or before I give a speech, or before going on a first date with someone I think I like. Nervous excited.

I just cooked a huge pasta dinner: whole wheat penne pasta with garlic, tomatoes, corn, white wine, spinach, and turkey meatballs. Loading up on the carbs! Bring on the 13.1 miles!! But first, reading more of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, and then sleep. I'll let you all know how it goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!!
~T.S.

alvinaling said...

Yes, I totally got rained on during the race, but I finished faster than I expected to, and felt great running it. I'll try to post something about it soon, but now it's time for bed. Thanks for the good wishes everyone! I'm a half marathoner!