Monday, December 25, 2006

Happy Holidays, one and all

As a Christmas present to himself (and the whole family, I guess), my father purchased a brand-new, state-of-the-art Karaoke machine. Now, we already had a Karaoke machine, but I guess it was time for an upgrade. (For those of you who wonder where I get my love of Karaoke and singing, it's in my genes!)

So two night ago, before waching a video, the family settled down to test out the new machine. As Ben sang U2's "With or Without You" my father looked and listened to the lyrics, shook his head sadly and said, "I can't live with or without you? Aw, that...that...sucks!"

So true.

It's been great being back. Despite a brief bout with what seemed to be a 24-hour bug which I'm blaming on exhaustion, things are looking up. Got a massage, facial, and haircut; went shopping; am eating lots of good food; watched movies (United 93 and Pursuit of Happyness); played games; picked fruit; read; good talks. Oh, and sleep. Lots of sleep.

Merry Christmas greetings from Southern California, where it's finally warm and sunny and Southern California-like. I wish everyone happiness, health, and peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had as relaxing a time on your vacation as I did. It's nice to get away from the work and just hang out with the family, isn't it? It really makes a difference in allowing myself that time to not think about work at all.

Was it you that posted about how you love Ugly Betty? I'm blurring blogs. If so, I've just discovered it myself. I've passed by it a few times but tonight I stayed and really liked the episode--and so now I'm doing an online marathon from the beginning. :)

Happy New Year!

alvinaling said...

Nope, I haven't really seen Ugly Betty, although I heard it's great. The show I'm obsessing over right now is Dexter on Showtime.

Happy Holidays!