Saturday, November 29, 2008

Some of what I’m thankful for:


-for technology—I’m posting this from a plane! Yes, I’m in the air right now. It boggles the mind. Via www.Gogoinflight.com.

-for my family, and my family’s health

-for a loving extended family—even though we don’t always see eye-to-eye in terms of religion and politics, I know they’re always there for me

-for having a job that I love with a company that is reasonably stable (even flourishing), during these difficult economic times

-for having fabulous coworkers, especially my amazing assistant. They all rock!

-for all of the wonderful attention that Wabi Sabi has been receiving

-for living in a wonderful, free country (and yes, for Obama being elected)

-for my affordable, spacious apartment in Manhattan, and my fun, considerate roommates

-for Central Park and the East River, perfect places to run

-for Podcasts like “This American Life,” “Slate.com” (especially the Gabfest), and “RadioLab”

-that my parents’ house was safe from the fires

-for my gadgets/electronics: my Sony Reader, Macbook, iPod Touch, cell phone

-for my talented, genius authors and illustrators, the best in the business

-for my fellow Blue Rose Girls

-for the Randoms (we're not as crazy and active as we once were, but we're still there for each other) 

-for caring, fun friends, both new and old, spread all over the world

-for G

-for the Puppy Cam

-for the Kidlitosphere

-for good food, drink, and times

-for life and all it’s endless possibilities (or should I say, bloomabilities?)!

 

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving, everyone!

4 comments:

Steve Emond said...

Hee, gotta be thankful for Puppycam. How is the Sony Reader? Do you read many books electronically?

alvinaling said...

I haven't yet read a published book on it, but I almost exclusively read all of my novel submissions on it. It's changed my life! No longer do I need to lug heavy and bulky printouts around with me!

And those puppies have gotten so big...

Corey Schwartz said...

Hi Alvina,

Really enjoyed your "How I Edit" post. Thanks for sharing that process.

Anonymous said...

Lovely post. Lovely thoughts.
I just saw Meg T.on NBC doing a little bit about giving and it was really well done. Hurray for LB!!!
topangamaria